smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, August 22, 2016

My God It's Monday

It's my final Olympic observations post


  • The craziness of the bronze wrestling bout where the Mongolian guy celebrated before time was up and wound up losing... the best bit of that drama? His coaches taking off their clothes and throwing them in front of the judges in protest. The one guy got all the way down to his skivvies. O.o
  • Interrupting the Olympic coverage to bring us The Tragically Hip's last concert live and in full. Thank you CBC for that.
  • Race-walking, still the funniest looking sport, but man, those guys race-walked 50K! And in under four hours in that heat. Impressive. Not surprising they were collapsing just across the finish line.
  • The sculpture around the Olympic flame was stunning.
  • I love that the athletes parade into the closing ceremonies willy nilly - they can be with their countrymen, they can be with new friends made, it's all one mish-mash.
  • I do love watching the Olympics, but I am so ready to get back to normal viewing habits. And to not being distracted by things happening when I really should be... editing, writing, filling out forms, take your pick.
  • My favorite new Olympic sport was the rugby 7s. I enjoyed watching the men play, too, but the women were stunning. Tough and capable and I loved the Maori warrior dance the New Zealand team did after they'd lost. 
  • Least favorite new Olympic sport - golf. I say again, why Olympics, why? (it bears repeating)
  • I love that this year's Olympics gave me another swimmer, whose book is coming along nicely. I'm not sure if I'll self-pub or submit somewhere, but look for it next year sometime :)


Have a great week everyone!

Sean
smut fixes everything

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I Missed the Mongolian Wrestler story...and yes, why golf...why....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't get the golf at the olympics - I doubt I ever will.

      The one Mongolian coach stripped to his skivvies, tearing off his clothes and tossing them angrily to the floor, like they were the offenders it was hilarious

      Delete
    2. I still don't get the golf at the olympics - I doubt I ever will.

      The one Mongolian coach stripped to his skivvies, tearing off his clothes and tossing them angrily to the floor, like they were the offenders it was hilarious

      Delete