smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Movie Tuesday

As I got a lot of my weekend todos done ahead of time this past week, and it was like an oven outside, I wound up watching a lot of movies over the weekend.

Zootopia - Animated movies are often a chance at a nap for me. This one kept my attention, though, and it was awfully cute. Plus, it was great to see a movie with a strong female lead.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - I have not read the book and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

What I got was a fairly true to the original Pride and Prejudice, certainly in spirit, only if there happened to be zombies at the time. It was fun and had a good dose of humor. And again, some kick-ass women. And I did love the take on zombies for this one - I know some people prefer their zombies traditional, and I do enjoy a good traditional zombie, but I like to have a little variety in my zombies, too.

Gods of Egypt - I don't even remember seeing any previews for this one, but it came out the same week that Pride and Prejudice and Zombies did so I picked it up, hoping for a fun action movie with a decent storyline (after all, myths are great stories, so the source material is fairly rich.) What I got was an okay movie that probably could have been a lot more than it was. I did like the effect of the gods being bigger than the humans and they did a great job with that. So it wasn't terrible, but I really felt it could have been a lot more than it was.

Redemption - saw this on Shomi, it's a Jason Stratham movie and the blurb was something about an ex-military homeless man getting a chance at redemption as an avenging angel. So I figured I was in for a good kick a bunch of ass movie. That isn't what I got, though. There was ass-kicking, but it wasn't an action movie for the sake of being an action movie. It was actually very good and far more to it than I would have guessed from the blurb. I'm really glad I got to see it.

Centurion - this seemed really familiar from the blurb, but I couldn't tell if I'd seen it or not. I had not and I realized when it was over and it gave me the "if you liked this you might like" listing that I realized that The Eagle was the movie that I had seen. From what I remember of The Eagle, this one was a better done movie than The Eagle. I didn't like it as much as Redemption, but I had been prepared to turn it off if it was crap, and I didn't turn it off.

My weekly to do list is long and with the heat, I'm finding it hard to buckle down and get stuff done, so we'll see if I am able to spend as much of next weekend watching stuff.

Happy Tuesday!

Sean
smut fixes everything

1 comment:

  1. UGH Zootopia was so good! It was such a good movie. Great storyline, LOVED the main female character and her costar and the Sloth scene was HILARIOUS.

    PP&Z - Went in not expecting much (I had read the book) and ended up LOVING IT. Doesn't hurt that I love the original P&P but adding zombies just made it all the more fun! AND adding in a strong female lead? A++++++

    Have not seen the others, but enjoyed reading your write-ups.

    And I'm offline for a couple of weeks, so I'll miss reading your blogs, will get back into it when we return. Have a great couple of weeks!

    <3333

    ReplyDelete