smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Throwback Thursday

This weekend in Thanksgiving in Canada (yes, I get two thanksgivings because I celebrate here and then go visit BA and Julia to celebrate it in the US, too!)

It's not quite as big a deal here as it is in the US, but it is very much a family thing. We do the big meal - sometimes Sunday, sometimes Monday, depending on your schedule.


When I was little (and we lived in Montreal) we used to come to Ottawa every year at Thanksgiving to visit my godparents. There would be geese honking in their Vs during the two and a half hour drive, along with all the fall colors in the leaves. There would be playing outside with my godparents' kids, who were just a touch younger than I was. Lots of good food. And eventually there was also the Atari -- my first introduction to video games was in my godparents' basement.

Some years we even got to go for a fly in my godfather's Cessna!

I can remember that it was always a good time. We always felt welcome and were treated like kings. I got to drink soda with my meals, and there would be treats like chips every evening. It would only be for not even three full days - we'd drive up Sunday morning and drive home at some point on Monday, but these trips were always highly anticipated. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, no matter where you are!

Sean
smut fixes everything

3 comments:

  1. Aww that sounds like you've got some lovely memories! Especially flying in a Cessna! Awesome.

    Happy Thanksgiving <3333

    ReplyDelete