smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday

As we've had breakfast and lunch foods, today must be time for dinner foods! Although a lot of dinner and lunch items are interchangeable. Again, these are some favorites, but you could probably move them up and down the top ten list at any given time. Although I always loved seared scallops and they are probably always going to be my number one item on this list.

Top Ten Favorite Dinner Foods
  1. Seared Scallops. Sweet, soft, I love love love them. Add in some lemon beurre blanc and some perfectly cooked asparagus and I'm a super happy camper. Those last two items are totally optional in the whole I love seared scallops game.
  2. Steak. I prefer a fairly tender cut, but the fat is where all the flavor is, so I like a little fat on it, too. There's one restaurant that does this honey spiced marinated steak that is so delicious. I like my steak rare if it's a really good restaurant, otherwise medium rare.
  3. Fried Chicken. When I was a kid, I always picked KFC for my birthday supper. I still like KFC, though it's more hit and miss depending on how fresh the oil is. If it's not too dark and super crispy - that's the best.
  4. French Canadian Split Pea Soup. I got my recipe from my mom, but I found one you do in the Instant Pot that is super close in flavor and it doesn't have to sit on the stove all day. I use yellow split peas for this. And I love it best with a fresh baked roll.
  5. Lobster. Oh man, so expensive, but just delicious dipped in in garlic butter. Guh.
  6. Calamari. Preferably lightly breaded and deep-fried with a sweet and spicy sticky sauce to dip it into
  7. Tongue. I prefer beef tongue, but pork tongue is also good. I simmer it with onions salt and pepper for about 2-3 hours, let it get cold and then slice it and have it in sandwiches. I will eat this for any meal or as a hearty snack, really.
  8. Roast beef dinner. That would be roast beef, roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts fried with bacon, and buttery sweet cooked carrots.
  9. Shrimp. Yeah, I'm a huge seafood fan - don't like fish, but if it's got a shell, I am there. I like my shrimp prepared a bunch of ways but it's best either with grits as an accompaniment, grilled with garlic, or marinated in a lime chipotle sauce and wrapped in bacon.
  10. Fajitas. One restaurant does buffalo chicken fajitas that are super yummy, but then so is their grilled steak fajitas. My go to at home is steak ones. 

Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment