smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday

So spring is happening, but there has been snow, too. Gotta love spring in Ottawa, because it is not unusual at all to go from snowing to sunny, warm and 10C all in the same day. Warm rain the next day, cold rain the day after that, then sunshine, then snow again. It's spring, she's a little all over the place, but we generally start cold and snow and end with warm and flowers. So it's all good.

But that made me think maybe it would be a good time for one last snowy post. So without further ado:

Top Ten Reasons Why I Like Snow

10. Winter sports - okay, so enjoy watching winter sports but I don't participate in them. Still, if I did do sports it would be winter ones because who wants to run around in the heat of summer? not me.

9. Snowmen - it has to be the right kind of snow, but if it is, I love th 

8. Bright nights - even without the moon, the snow makes it bright out at night, but if there's a full moon and fresh snow on the ground I swear you could read by it.

7. There's so many different kinds - that's right, there's dry snow and wet snow and icy snow. Sometimes it falls in huge gentle flakes, sometimes it's tiny and hard and hits you like bullets. It's so cool how different each snow can be. No one snowflake is the another and that's the coolest thing in the world.

6. Snow angels - I remember making snow angels as a kid and every now and then I'll make one as an adult.

5. Footprints - I love all the different animals footprints I can see in the snow

4. Face surfing - my dog loves to face surf in the fresh snow and I love to watch him do it. He rubs his face and pushes himself along, and rolls and rolls in it. If it's deep enough, he just puts his head down and walks into it. It is wonderful to watch his joy in the snow.

3. It's cold, but not deep freeze cold - usually, because it's not always true, but usually it's between 1 and -10 (celcius) when it snows. And I love that kind of temperature - cold without being super cold. Have I mentioned I don't like the heat?

2. It's quiet - there is nothing like the hush that overtakes the world as it's being covered by snow.

1. It's beautiful - a fresh snowfall leaves everything clean and white. The trees look stunning when they're covered in snow.


Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment