smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, April 8, 2019

Movie Monday

On Sunday I went to see Captain Marvel before it went out of the theatres. And I'm so glad I got to see it in the theatre!

I'll leave some space if you want to back out without spoilers.

S

P

A

C

E

So I loved it! For so many reasons. It was a great story. I had me going - wait, aren't the Krell the bad guys - right from the start, and trying to figure out from there what exactly was going on.

I loved seeing not only Nick Fury right at the beginning of Shield, but also Colson. OMG, it was so good to see Colson, who I always did love, but have grown to love even more thanks to the TV show Marvel's Agents of Shield. And I loved how they aged him and Nick Fury down.

Lots of fun little touches like everyone patiently waiting for the CD to finish downloading to the computer and Captain Marvel asking what they were waiting for.

I adored Goose the cat. I loved the little tie-ins to the larger universe and the best was watching Captain Marvel hand Fury the pager 'for emergencies only' and realizing that was what Fury had pulled out at the end of Infinity Wars. When I'd originally seen Infinity Wars, I had assumed that he was calling back to headquarters -- this is so much better.

I don't read the comics at all, but I understand that Captain Marvel was originally a man and at some point they changed the character to a woman. Let me just say that having Captain Marvel be a woman workd on so many different levels that wouldn't have been there if they'd made the character male.

I'm so glad I got to see it before we went to Endgame, too, as it's a lovely lead-in to that movie.

Highly, highly recommend this one.


Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment