smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, April 22, 2019

Movie Monday

This is more a rant than a review of a movie.

This past week or two, I watched on BluRay Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Justice League (in that order).

I will admit here, that I have liked Marvel Comic movies far better than DC ones. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are by far the best of the DC movies (I dislike or don't care for almost all the Batman movies, and outright hate Batman vs Superman). But I liked Wonder Woman and really liked Aquaman.

So I enjoyed re-watching those two and get out Justice League to watch it. What the fuck, Justice League? You'd already cast Jason Momoa as Aquaman, you knew Aquaman's origin movie was coming out, how on earth do you not make sure you have continuity happen?

I have no problem that Aquaman the movie takes place in time before Justice League, even though they were released in the opposite order. But Aquaman is already king of atlantis, already has his triton in Justice League and yet, he still thinks his mother is dead/gone and acts like the events of Aquaman never happened. How hard would it have been to make sure that basic facts were consistent with the two movies and their timeline?

It's shoddy story telling and really, I shouldn't be surprised given how much I think the DC movies are not great to start with, but I had just come from watching Captain Marvel, which takes place long before any of the Avenger movies, yet ties in beautifully, giving us an early look at Shield, Colson and Fury, and tying in awesomely with Infinity Wars - big details, little wee details, they make them work from movie to movie, without making you have to watch any of the other movies either.

So shame on you DC movies that you couldn't make two movies that introduced a new character consistent with each other.

It makes me shudder to think what might happen if they do a Flash or Cybor origin story.


Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment