smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday

I thought today I'd list my current top ten favorite cookies - homemade. Of course, this list changes on a regular basis, but this is my favorite ten today. I've put the links to recipes in if I have them.

Top Ten Favorite Homemade Cookies

10. Chocolate Chip cookies. I like them, but the aren't the big fave. I alway try a different recipe when I get a yen to make them.

9. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. I think I like these better than the chocolate chip cookies because there's more chew from the oatmeal.

8. Almond Joy Cookies. Eating these really are just like eating an almond joy. And they're super simple - just 4 ingredients!

7. Chocolate Stars. I make these every year at Christmas too. They're made with icing sugar and cocoa and have just a touch of cinnamon in them that really makes the flavor.

6. Meringues. These don't always work out because if it's too humid they don't try out properly, but I usually do better with the overnight ones. I omit the chocolate chips and chopped nuts. At christmas I will put crushed candy canes into them. And I love throwing them in a piping bag and having fun with them. I love how they just melt in your mouth.

5. Cranberry Swirls. This always makes the final cut for holiday cookies because they are one of my favorites.

4. Pecan Pie Cookies. I was really skeptical about this one until I had them. They are so good. I use homemade pie crust instead of storebought and I omit the chocolate drizzle.

3. Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles. Nothing like upping the cinnamon quotient by adding cinnamon chips. Which I can't get here - I always try to bring some back when I visit New Mexico.

2. Lemon Rhubarb Cookies. As you might know, I love rhubarb, but I was having trouble finding a cookie recipe that I really liked. Until I found this one. Lemon and rhubarb and both shine. Guh.

1. Skor Toffee Bits Cookies. These are my current favorites and soooo good. If I'm bringing cookies anywhere, it's these.


Sean
smut fixes everything

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I made cookies with crushed Heath bars earlier this summer, and they were great, a lot like your Skor Toffee Bits it sounds like. And we're just finishing the Oatmeal, Cranberry, and White Chocolate Chip cookies that I decided to try since I wanted to use up the frozen cranberries from my freezer. They are so good! If you would like to try them, let me know and I'll be happy to share the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I have a cranberry and white chocolate recipe that's not bad, but I bet one with oatmeal would be even better - hit me up with the recipe please!

      Delete
    2. No problem! Here you go:
      1 cup butter, softened
      1-1/2 cups sugar
      2 large eggs
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      2 cups all-purpose flour
      1 teaspoon baking powder
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/4 teaspoon baking soda
      2 cups quick-cooking oats
      1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
      1 tablespoon grated orange zest
      1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips

      1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
      2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
      3. Beat in vanilla.
      4. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture.
      5. Stir in the oats, raisins, cranberries and orange zest.
      6. Stir in baking chips.
      7. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until the edges are lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

      Delete