smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Author Spotlight Tuesday - Julia Talbot

Hey y’all! Sean Michael offered to let me do an easy interview on the new blog, and I jumped at the chance since I have so much neat stuff going on this month!

You're my go to author for geek bois -- what makes you write them so well?

Library work. Seriously. I worked in a University library for ten years. So many nerds, so little time. Plus, I was a tabletop roleplayer for years. I don’t have time now, but I used to roll those dice with the best of them. While Alpha males are yummy, geek bois are near and dear to my heart.

I know you do mm, mmf, and ff -- which do you prefer writing?

I love all of the things. M/M comes easiest to me, as I started there in romance writing, but I love exploring all the genders. I haven’t written trans because I’m not sure I can do justice to the experience, but I love rubbing folks together.

geek bois or cowboys?

Hmm. Personally? Cowboys. I married one in lesbian form ;)

werewolves or vampires?  

Werewolves. I love vamps, but I’m an animal lover, and I sponsor a wolf sanctuary with some of my profits.

long or thick? (take that any way you like, you know where my mind is!)

I like both. Grins. I mean, I’m tall, but I’m wide, too, lalala

What's your favorite of your own books?

Eeek. I have so many. How about a series? Full Moon Dating is close to me right now, because of the endless possibilities of a paranormal online dating site.

How many Thatchers does it take to change a lightbulb? 

Four. Ken would sit and watch and laugh and Jed and Ross would have a fistfight while Mom got the ladder and changed the bulb. For those who don’t know, the Thatchers are a family in my very first book, Jumping Into Things.

Sunrise or sunset?

Sunset. I live in New Mexico, We have spectacular sunsets!

bear shifters, big cat shifters, or elephant shifters?

Oh! Bears. I mean, I love the cats, but right now I’m obsessed with bears. I love how funny yet how dangerous they are.

What's your favorite time waster?

Facebook. Undoubtedly. I have been experimenting with not “liking” and commenting instead now for 2 weeks, and it’s gotten me back to a feed that I want to read. I’m re-addicted.

Do you procrastinate more at the beginning of a story, the middle, the end, all the way through it or not at all?

Middle. The beginning goes fast, and by the end I’m ready to move on, so the middle is where I get bogged down. That’s also the least interesting moment of the plot, just before the major conflict starts the last third of the book.

What's the most sexy meal?

Hmm. I assume you mean the food, not the time of day. Breakfast is the sexiest if you mean that, because sleep clothes and tousled hair… But I like finger foods. Something you have to lick.

Hard or soft?

Hard. I like my mattress firm, I like a nice firm ass, male or female.

black and white or all the colors of the rainbow?

I’m queer. Give me all the colors of the rainbow, baybee.

Can you share a few sexy lines from (your latest book)?

You bet! Georgia Knights is out 09/17/2014 from Torquere Press. It’s a mmf menage, and here’s a bit!

"Boys..." She felt all flushed and tipsy, like her skin was too hot. It was amazing.

"Alt..." Caid stared at Alton over her head. "You. Damn it." There was no anger there. Just a strangled heat.

Alton lifted one eyebrow. "Whut? We're all adults here. There's no reason not to enjoy ourselves."

Well, that was true enough. She sure was enjoying them. A lot.

Georgia took a bit of pizza and offered it to Caid, holding it up to his lips. "Want some?"

"Mmmhmm." Caid nipped it out of her fingers, licking at a little sauce that slid down to her knuckle.

She watched as he licked her finger clean, then offered a bite to Alton, going from sweet smile to wicked grin.

"Tasty." Alton was more blatant, nibbling her fingers along with the pizza, loving on her.

Her nipples were hard as rocks, her belly taut and tense.

"Lord, Caid. She smells good, huh?" Alton leaned on her, smiling across at Caid, hand pushing Caid's against her under the table.

"You both do." Caid said it on a moan, Adam's apple bobbing.

"Y'all are enough to make me breathless." Talk about mating rituals. Jesus. She could write a bestselling erotic thesis about them.

"You're the hottest thing I've seen since I laid eyes on Caid, and he's been resisting me for years."

Oh. Oh, God. Alton obviously had no filters. She took a moment to visualize that -- fine bodies moving, rubbing. Kissing. Oh. Pretty.

Caid made another one of those noises, sounding almost pained. "Y'all."

"I. Is there somewhere... The cook's watching us." And she wasn't putting on a show for the sixteen-year-old, acne-ridden mouth breather.

"My place." Alton threw a bunch of bills on the table, waving to the little teenagers who watched them avidly. "I need a box, kids."

"Alton has a place almost up to the falls," Caid whispered, breath hot on her neck.

"Okay." She sounded like a phone sex worker, all breathy and husky.

They packed up the pizza and headed out, Alton hustling them back to her little rental SUV. He didn't give either one of them time to think, either, just groped them both impartially.

"Alton, you're dangerous. Sit in the back seat."

"What? Why?" He pouted at her, but Caid punched his shoulder.

"Because no one can drive with you all over them, Alt. Get."

She gave in to her baser instincts and went up on tiptoe to kiss the corner of Alton's mouth. "I have to focus, huh?"

"Oh." Alton blinked, those pretty gray eyes bright. "Got it. I'll just sit in the back and..." He made an unmistakable motion with his hand.

She swatted him, chuckling. "Now, now. Don't pop too soon." She winked at Caid, offering him a quick kiss, too.

Caid surprised her with a kiss that curled her toes, capturing her mouth for a long moment before moving away. He went and sat in the passenger seat, staring, focused.

"Oh." Wow. Okay. Driving.

Driving would be good.

Really.


Find this and a lot of my other books at www.torquerepress.com. Find me at www.juliatalbot.com and @juliatalbot on Twitter Thanks, Sean!

XXOO
Julia

3 comments:

  1. *claps hands* OMG what a great post! I love all your answers Julia :D I can totally identify with the whole middle thing - I have one stalled there right now myself. Thanks both of you for such an entertaining post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you both & the cowboy/girl! My library is never complete unless I have all 3 of you authors newest sitting there ... All sparkly & new to read! What a treat this has been on a Tuesday! Thanks Sean for sharing Julia with us! Love ALL of you from Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fun answers, Julia. You never fail to bring a smile to my face.
    And menage, well that's right up my kinky alley!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete