smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, January 16, 2017

Movie Monday

 I had a bit of a movie fest this past weekend. The first two are from Saturday, which fared much better than Sunday's choices.

There will be spoilers for Suicide Squad, The Huntsman, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Jason Bourne and Tarzan, so please skip this post if you don't want any spoilers from any of those movies.

Suicide Squad

I liked this one. It was a little slow to start. It doesn't help that they tried to jam eight or so origin stories into the beginning of the movie, but once they got through that, it picked up. It was great that the strongest characters were the women - Harley Quinn, the witch and the head of the secret organization lady.

The special effects were really great -  loved the witch and her brother.

I've been watching Killing on Netflix and the guy who played the soldier in charge is in that, so it was neat seeing him in something else, playing a different character.

It's set up for more and I'll definitely watch them. And Harley Quinn was my favorite. I do love the crazy.

The Huntsman

I think there was more to the title, but let's face it, I was watching this one for the huntsman ;)

And on that front it didn't disappoint. Actually, it didn't disappoint at all. The special effects were amazing and there was some amazing visuals. I liked the story, I liked the dwarves, and yes, I liked the huntsman.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

I haven't read the book associated with this one, but it's a good story. I managed to nod off for about ten or fifteen minutes in the first half hour or so of the show, and was able to pick it back up again no problem.

The last forty five minutes or so was honestly the best part of the movie. I did enjoy all the 'peculiarities' of the various children.

Jason Bourne

I watched this for about twenty minutes. Basically until the end of the interminable Greek riot scene. Man, that was in serious need of some editing. I have no idea if it got better after that, because I didn't stick around.

Tarzan 

This one was actually a pretty good movie, but I spent the whole thing thinking, it doesn't matter if you beat this asshole who is enslaving everyone and making mischief and being a bastard, because another one is going to be right behind him and that guy will succeed. The real history of what happened in Africa hung over my movie-watching experience with this one making it hard for me to celebrate with the characters at the end.

The animals were beautifully done and I thought it was a decent adaptation of the source material, it just made me sad.

Sean
smut fixes everything

1 comment:

  1. Harley Quinn was my FAV and I Dressed as her for Halloween :D

    Have not seen The Huntsman...will move it up our list - we just ran out of time when it was in the theater.

    I hear you on Tarzan...all that aside tho, I really enjoyed it, and BONUS HARLEY QUINN ;p

    ReplyDelete