smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, March 30, 2020

Movie Monday

I watched 3 movies yesterday (Saturday was binging the 2nd season of Westworld,) X-Men Dark Pheonix, Code 8, and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

I'll

leave

some

spoiler

space

I'd wanted to see Dark Pheonix in the theatre, but now that I've actually seen it, I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it. It wasn't a bad movie but it was a little slow. I find the X-men movies very frustrating, because they should be awesome and unfortunately, most of them suffer from the same slowness at best. Also, it doesn't matter what universe of X-men it is - they do seem to love killing off Jean Grey, don't they? Like I said, it wasn't a bad movie, but I did want something more out of it.

Code 8 was one that I saw when looking through what was available on Crave - one of our streaming services this side of the border - and it looked like it could be neat, like it had potential. I fell asleep twice watching this one and didn't really miss anything. So much potential. It was slow, and pretty boring. I hate it when you've got a potential heavy premise and the movie just can't do anything with it. Which is a shame, I could have loved this movie.

I didn't go see Fantastic Beasts the Crimes of Grindelwald in the theatre because I wasn't hugely fussed to after seeing the first one. The best thing about the first one was all the beasts and how Newt is with all of them. And there are quite a few beasts in the first movie. The second movie has a few neat beasts (and I adored the kelpie and especially the chinese dragon) but not nearly enough given that that is my favorite part of these. The rest was honestly a lot of politics. Here's where I say something probably heretical. I am not a Harry Potter fan. I only made it through the first 90 or so pages of the first book, and only lasted that long because everyone was raving about them. It just didn't hold my interest. I saw the movies because I had kids who were the right ages to want to see them. So I'm still not a fan of the world. Which again is a shame because I want to.

Ah well. I did finish all three movies, so that's something (damning with faint praise, maybe?"

I think if you're an X-men fan, you'll enjoy Dark Pheonix, and if you're a Potter fan or a Fantastic Beasts fan you'll enjoy the Grindelwald movie, too.


Happy Monday!
Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment