smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, October 1, 2018

Mooooovie Moooonday - Boo!

Took the nephew to see The House With a Clock in its Walls on the weekend, which works out well as it makes for an awesome Halloween Month movie monday!

Please scroll past if you don't want any spoilers at all.

I will leave a few lines worth of space.

Not that I'm necessarily going to have lots of spoilers, but this way I don't have to worry.

I really enjoyed the movie. It's fun, and somewhat spooky, and the goriest parts involve pumpkin guts rather than human guts, and all that is about my speed for spooky movies.

The interplay between Uncle Jonathan and Florence Zimmerman was wonderful, as was most of the humor, which was aimed at all ages, from the banter for the adults to the baby Jonathan peeing gag for the younger viewers. Jack Black and Kate Blanchette were marvelous in their roles. Especially Kate Blanchette. I may have a crush on her after this movie.

I loved 'chair', who is basically the family dog. And I loved it when Uncle Jonathan told Lewis that the house liked him. That was the impression that I had gotten as well.

It's a wonderful Halloween movie for the whole family, including those who, like me, are not overly fond of horror movies (It's not that I don't like them, it's that they scare me. Which I know is the point of them, but like with roller coasters, I'm not haha scared, I'm genuinely scared. The year I got my sister tickets for a band playing at La Ronde, I went with her and because she loves the roller coasters I went on it with her, 'cause I didn't want to make her go alone. After the second go round, she says to me, "you're screaming for real, aren't you?" and I'm like "yes!")

So. The House With a Clock in its Walls is a fun movie - and I still love the title very much!

Sean
smut fixes everything


No comments:

Post a Comment