smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Friday, September 22, 2017

Random Friday

...is not only random, but long overdue!

  • It's been a while since I last updated here. The weather suddenly turned hot again and my brain went back into hibernation mode. I just can't seem to get into any sort of rhythm or do more than panicky last-minute hitting deadlining on anything right now.  I need the weather to turn and I need it to do it soon!
  • Cleaning and cooking are also harder to do when it's hot like this - it's not just the work that gets left behind but everything. 
  • My living room fan has gone from quietly blowing air at me to sounding like a plane is going to be taking off any minute now, even on its lowest setting.
  • I'd like to go apple picking this year, but if the weather doesn't change soon, I'm going to miss the season entirely.
  • Haven't decided yet what I'm going to serve for Thanksgiving (it's in October up here in Canada). I guess what I serve will depend on how many people I wind up with.
  • I was thinking of not doing cookies at Christmas this year, or just doing a couple of kinds rather than the dozen or so varieties I usually do. However, I can already feel the desire to do it at the back of my head, so I likely will. I will need to find the magazines that I've used in the past with the recipes for a lot of them, though...
  • Finally saw Wonder Woman - it's a great movie and I'd say the best for DC Comics. Hopefully this bodes well for Justice League. I know if nothing else I'm looking forward to seeing Aquaman. I may be a bit of a Jason Momoa fan... from back in his Stargate: Atlantis days.
  • I'm looking forward to the new TV season - the return of certain shows and all the potential in the new shows is always fun.
  • Second Avenue Sweets on Second and Bank has the best lemon tarts and lemon squares. They are extremely lemony and tart, not like a lot of lemon desserts at most places, where there's a tiny bit of lemon flavor and a whole ton of sweet.
  • I'm very worried about BA - she's sick and the doctors have no idea what's going on and the insurance won't approve her going to the Mayo where they deal with the more extreme cases. Hell, if the current health 'plan' gets rammed through, she's not going to be covered at all in the new year. I just don't understand the lack of caring that lets people even contemplate a plan where over 30 million people will lose access to health care. I just don't understand that.
  • The other day they cut down the big maple that was just outside my backyard fence because it had a slight lean toward the house (it wasn't falling over, that's just how it grew to get sunlight). The backyard now looks very stark. It's awful. Not to mention I've lost all my shade and I have to pull the curtains during the afternoon because there's nothing shading the living room from the sunlight.
  • And it's so hot out there right now - the sun is crazy hot. Hell, you can even feel it first thing in the morning as it comes up. I walk the dog as the sun is coming up and it's decent out there. As soon as the sun crests the trees/houses/etc, you can feel how darn hot it's going to be later, just by how hot that sudden sun is. Blah.
  • Okay, this is getting whiny, so I'm going to say.... TGIF!!
Have a good weekend.
Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment