smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I don't know what to say...

As most of you know, I tend not to talk politics or other serious topics like that very often - I try very hard to keep my blog/facebook/twitter places of positivity. I'm all about the smut and the love and the happy endings. It feels wrong to just ignore what's happened, though, and not say anything.

I am blessed to be Canadian, to live in a country where in the last election we voted in the guy who wanted to make Canada better, who said we can be better, we can move forward together without fearmongering and backstabbing. We voted in the guy who called up the leader of the opposition to give a joint press conference after the Orlando shooting where they kissed to show their support for the victims and the community. These two guys don't even like each other, but both felt it was an important statement to make.

I have been watching what felt like a circus going on south of my border and every day I said to myself, surely the hate isn't going to win. Surely the lies and hatemongering will not be rewarded. Everyone will see that for what it is and steer clear. Surely they will - they must. Then I watched the numbers coming in last night with disbelief and dismay like many other people. I still can't really believe it. I don't understand how anyone could have made the decision they did. I know there's nothing I can do about it.

What I can do is continue to spread love and positivity. I can wish every person reading this, every minority and every non-minority, my compassion and my hope that things will change again and swiftly, that the hate will be defeated and everyone will share the same rights under the law and in practice. I want to hug every single person who is reeling from this and tell them that I am with them. Because I am. I am with you. I support love. I support co-operation and change that brings better to every person. I want to live in a world where we worry more about how to house and feed the kid who has been kicked out than how much money and influence we ourselves have. I want to live in a world where instead of putting up walls because someone is different, we invite them in for dinner and learn about them. I want to live in a world where love of every color and variety is celebrated because it's love! I want the world to be a better place for you and for me. For everyone.  I want love and happy endings for all.

Sean
smut fixes everything (or at least is a positive thing)


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Sean. I am not in quite the same situation as some but I feel the negativity. I am raising two special needs children and barely getting by each month. This will still have some impact on me. In the end we have to wrap our arms around one another and pray that the dim light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter. Love is love, people are people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not happy with the results either. I am hoping there is enough checks and balances to counter. I have a daughter who is gay and plans on marrying soon. They are worried. She is also disabled and we adopted her from Poland.

    ReplyDelete