smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Throwback Thursday the second

It's Star Trek's 50th birthday today! I totally want to do a throwback thursday post for this, too, so I am. Two today makes up some for all the ones I don't get to ;)

I can remember watching Star Trek reruns when I was a kid. They were on CBC on Sunday mornings and I loved them. It's funny, because you look at them and they're cheesy as hell. But they were groundbreaking. Of course at the time, all I cared about was being entertained and they were indeed entertaining. I have been a sci-fi fan from early on.

I remember how excited I was when I found out they were making another series. I had moved out on my own at that point, and Star Trek: The Next Generation was on Saturday evenings. I remember my sister would come over and we'd order either Chinese food (I can't remember where from) or pizza from Bonora, a local pizza place. We'd eat and watch Star Trek and hang out. Every Saturday for it's entire run, if I remember correctly.

I also remember the 'remote'. You see, we didn't always get to sit in our chairs and change the TV channels. You used to have to go up to the TV and change it manually. I had the first 'cable box' which doubled as a channel changer. It was a rectangular light brown box with twenty five buttons. Whichever button you pressed in was the channel it went to. And there was a toggle to adjust things slightly. Oh! And I shouldn't forget the wire that went from the TV to the box, so you could only take it so far.

Ah, the things you take for granted nowadays...


Sean
smut fixes everything

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I'll have to tell my hubs, he's a HUGE Star Trek fan :D And LOLL I remember the days when you had to get up to change the channel ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the rabbit ears to make the picture clearer. And those dials only had 12 channels to start with and up here in Canada half of them were snow! *grins*

      Delete