smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Movie Tuesday

So this weekend in the evenings I just wanted to watch something easy and mindless. My quest to do this was much harder than expected.

I put on Ice Soldiers. I promptly fell asleep in the first few minutes. When I woke up and went back to the beginning, I discovered that maybe I'd fallen asleep because it was a boring (and stupid) movie. I turned it off about fifteen minutes in.

So next I tried Angry Birds. I didn't fall asleep this time, but I only lasted five minutes. The ads for this one made me think it might be better than I imagined. Nope. Not so.

Next up, Extraction with Bruce Willis. Okay, I thought. action movie, Bruce Willis, this is going to have to be half-decent, right? Wrong! It was not in the least bit decent and I only put up with maybe ten minutes of the terrible acting before I gave up on it.

So I turned to Netflix. The first thing that caught my eye was something called ARQ. It was science fiction, so I thought it had a chance. Then it starts and there are five hundred logos at the beginning of production companies and I'm like, what they all contributed two dollars? And then it starts and it's a groundhog day thing - and it all takes place in a house that looks seriously under construction or demolition inside and yep, no money, done completely in this house. But. It was good. I quite enjoyed it. A good twist on the groundhog day trope.

I also watched Now you See Me 2. I'd seen the first one and thought it wasn't bad. This one wasn't awful or anything, but it wasn't as good as the first one had been.

So it was a marginally successful movie viewing weekend - more misses than hits and misses that I actually turned off (and I am very forgiving on movies. I don't just turn them off very often, especially that close to the beginning!)

Sean
smut fixes everything



1 comment:

  1. Ooh I just put Arq on our Netflix list this past weekend, nice to hear it's at least worth watching. Wanted to see Now You See Me 2 in the theaters but never got the chance, will give it a go when it gets to Netflix.

    ReplyDelete