smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Cowboy Out of Texas available Today!

My story in the Texas Round-Up Amber PAX is now out! This one was fun as I got to set it more or less in my city :)

A Cowboy Out of Texas

Sam Hawker’s fall off a bucking bronc at an event in Canada has left him both physically broken and financially broke and in a hospital with his leg in traction. Between worrying about how he’ll pay his medical bills and not being able to move, he’s going more than a little stir crazy.

Easy on the eyes, Pat Bouchard is the nurse assigned to Sam for his stay at the hospital, and the two men get to know each other as Pat cares for and entertains Sam. They grow even closer when Pat offers Sam a place to stay while he recovers.

What are they going to do when Sam’s all better and doesn’t have a reason to stay in Canada any longer?

Get it for 35% off during it's first week at Amber! It's available here.

excerpt:

A week or so later, Pat came home after a double shift, utterly exhausted. Like bone deep. He was pleased to see Sam was asleep, mouth open, soft snores sounding. He grabbed a glass of water and sat in his easy chair to down it. He had the next four days off, thank God. He was ready to sleep for the first three of them. In fact…he’d just close his eyes for a few minutes right here before dragging his butt to bed.

He heard a low, pained moan, and his nurse self was immediately, suddenly wide awake. Sam was standing, staring doggedly down the hallway as he tried to get to the bathroom.

“Jesus Christ, you’re going to break your other leg.” Pat was up and supporting Sam on his bad side in seconds. “If you don’t want the bedpan, you’re supposed to ask for my help to get to the bathroom.”

“I can piss in the commode, honey.” Sam leaned hard against him.

“Well sure, but you still need a little help getting there, yeah?”

Had Sam been dragging himself to the bathroom while Pat was at work?

“Uh-huh.” They got to the bathroom, slow and careful. “Sorry to wake you.”

“I’d rather you woke me than did yourself an injury.” He got Sam as far as the sink, knowing from there Sam could hold onto things to get to the toilet. “I’ll be right outside the door in case you need anything.” He stepped out, but left the door ajar, just in case.

“Thanks, honey. You should get some rest, you look pooped.”

“Thanks, but I’ll wait until I’ve got you back on the couch.” He leaned against the wall across from the bathroom door and let his eyes close.

Sam did his business and flushed the toilet, then opened the door, moving carefully. Pat pulled away from the wall. He tucked his arm around Sam.

“Hate that you’re having to help me as tired as you are.”

“Don’t worry about it, man. You’re going to get better.”

“Sure I am.” Sam felt good against his side, warm, solid.

“You think you can make it back to the couch or should we shortcut onto the bed in my room? It’s big enough for two.”

“You don’t mind?”

“If I minded, I’d have dragged your ass back to the couch.” He turned them toward the bedroom, not the living room.

They both settled on the bed, then leaned together for a second. Pat’s eyes were heavy, and it felt so nice having someone in bed with him. They fell back together, and Sam drew him close.

It made Pat smile. “Comfy.”

“Yeah. You good?”

“I am. Is this okay for you?”

They hadn’t done anything since that kiss the first day he’d brought Sam home, but he’d been working some crazy hours, and Sam had been busy sleeping so his body could heal.

“Yeah, honey. It feels like heaven.”

Smiling, Pat turned his head and left a kiss on Sam’s shoulder. “Yeah, it kind of does.”

“Cool.” One hand stroked his arm, slow and easy.

He couldn’t decide if he wanted to drift off in Sam’s arms, or do something more energetic.

“It’s cool to sleep, honey. I got you,” Sam told him.

“Yeah? I could totally sleep.” For like a day.

“I could totally hold you. I got the remote if I get woke up.”

“It’s a plan.” Hell, he was already half asleep already.




Sean 
smut fixes everything

2 comments: