smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, February 17, 2020

Movie Monday

Today I'm going to talk about three series that I binged over the last couple weeks: The Witcher, October Faction, and season 2 of Lost in Space.

leaving
a
little
spoiler
space
just
in
case

I'll start with the Witcher, which I loved. Most especially the fact that the Witcher himself is a snarky bastard. I love love love the grumpy heroes. Have you read The Jarheads? My Rock is unapologetically gruff and grumpy and very dear to me. I love writing the grumpy demons etc. So I loved Geralt very much. And if you can throw some humor in with the action I'm so there. The hubby and son watched with me - apparently they've both played the games. And so I found out through them that the guy who wrote the books that the game and show was also involved with the show, which rocks.

I know some people complained about the timeline, or at least the lack of cues regarding where each storyline was in the whole. But I didn't mind that at all, in fact I enjoyed realizing all of a sudden that for instance Geralt was actually in the castle when it was being attacked. If only the Queen had allowed him to take the princess with him in the first place...

Anyway - I highly recommend this one, especially if you like dungeons and dragons, the lord of the rings, or magic and magical creatures of all kinds.

October Faction wasn't bad at all. It's set in our world, modern times, and the parents belong to an organization that hunts monsters, while the twins don't know anything about their monster hunting ways. I imagine if you like the genre, you'll enjoy this. I certainly did. I liked learning about the organization, about who the villain was (and how maybe she wasn't the villain of the piece after all.) Anyway, a fun monster hunter show.

Lost in Space, season 2, was as good as season 1 in my opinion. My biggest complaint was that there wasn't enough of the robot in this one. I especially liked the way the humans are finding out that the robots aren't exactly like human-made robots and that just maybe they're sentient, too...

My favorite characters are the robot, Don and Dr. Smith. Also, I like the Robinson kids better than the Robinson parents. Mom Robinson is super smart and I like that, but sometimes her uber focus is annoying and she needs to work on being able to relate to people - which just makes her human, I guess, but these are some of the qualities that I like least.

If you're into science fiction and haven't checked out Lost in Space yet, go for it.


Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment