smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday

I was going to do this last Tuesday and then all of a sudden it wasn't Tuesday anymore! So here this week are my Top Ten Birthday Things.

Top Ten Birthday Things.

10. When I turned 18 my best friend, whose birthday was two months minus three days before mine, took me to a bar (18 is the legal drinking age in Montreal) and I discovered that I do not like the taste of alcohol at all. Not much has changed - I do enjoy a very fruity cider, and a not too strong frozen lime margarita, but otherwise, yech.

9. Several of my tattoos were birthday gifts from the hubby.

8. My sister's traditional gift has become dinner and a movie - we've done it the last ten years or so.

7. My nephew always makes his own cards on a piece of plain 8x11 printer paper and ever since he could write he makes me tear up with the nice things he says.

6. When I was little we could choose anything we wanted for our birthday supper. I almost always chose KFC - we pretty much never ate out and I just loved the chicken.

5. When I was seven or eight - can't remember which one it was - I got a card with a picture of a bike cut out of a catalog in it - and as soon as spring arrived, I got my first ever bike.

4. This year my daughter got me not only a GC for a massage, but included a little coupon in her card for a lift there and back, as well as lunch!

3. Schnizle mitt frits on my birthday in Heidelberg when I turned 11.

2. It has become a tradition on my birthday that my mom makes me seafood tartelette - a danish dish that I love. It's served in little tart shells with a creamy sauce and had little shrimp, scallops and asparagus in it. So yummy. (like a grown up version of the KFC I used always want for my bday supper). I found a recipe in english for it - only instead of the codfish balls they use in this recipe, my mom's are made with scallops.

1. I turned 25 in Australia. My sister and I were travelling Down Under at the time and on this day we did a drive with a wee tour along the Great Ocean Drive. I loved the Twelve Apostles formation so much.


smut fixes everything
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment