smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Cloverleaf Dinner Roll Recipes

I was asked for the recipe for my cloverleaf dinner rolls, so I'm putting it here.

I got my recipe from 300 Best Canadian Bread Machine Recipes by Dinna Washburn & Heather Butt and I highly reccommend this book if you have a bread machine. Tons of recipes, both savory and sweet, simple and complicated and every time I've wanted to bake some sort of bread or roll, they've had a recipe for me. I have a bunch that I make on a regular basis - rolls, hamberger buns, challah, sourdough, white bread, french sticks, just to name a few.



Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls

Put into your bread machine:
1 1/3 cups milk (room temperature)
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons butter (room temperature)
3 1/4 cups bread flour (white)
1 1/4 teaspoon bread machine yeast

(You can use all purpose flour and instant yeast, I just find if I use the bread machine versions of both I have better success with my dough)

Select the dough cycle and let it run.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and rest for about 10 minutes.

Divide the dough into 12 portions, devide each portion into 3 balls. Place 3 balls into each cup of a lightly greased muffin tin. Don't worry too much about size - I always have some that are bigger and some that are smaller - I try to mix the balls up so that if I have a really big one, I'll also put in a smaller one so they all wind up with about the same amount of dough in them. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 30-45 minutes. What I usually do is let them rise for about 30 minutes, and then turn on my oven and throw them in once it's come up to temperature, but your experience may vary depending on the warmth of your kitchen and your elevation.

Bake in a pre-headted 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes - I always check after 15 so I don't burn.

They are ready when they are brown on top and sound hollow when you take one out and tap it on the bottom.

As soon as they come out of the oven, brush with melted butter. 

They taste best the same day - I'll make them to come out of the oven about 1-2 hours before supper to include them with supper. But they last a few days in an airtight container. 

Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment