smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, April 27, 2020

Movie Monday

There has been quite a bit of movie watching lately, so  there's a lot here.

The Secret Life of Pets 2 - DNF - didn't even get that far into it, it was just not holding my attention at all and when I started playing on my phone as we watched, hubby said he wasn't really into it either and would be perfectly happy not finishing it. So we turned it off. I liked the first one well enough - didn't love it like I do the minions, but it was definitely watchable, so I was surprised this one was so uninteresting.

The Peanut Butter Falcon - amazing little movie - we had no clue what this one was about, but it looked interesting and we were in the mood for something a little different. What a gem. Interesting and entertaining and feel goods at the end. I highly recommend this one.

Shrek - hadn't seen this one in a long time and the husband was making waffles and he goes "I'm making waffles!" and suddenly we wanted to see Shrek. It's still a fun movie and my favorite thing of all is still the way that whenever anyone asks Shrek his name, he pauses and goes "uhhhh, Shrek?" If you haven't seen any of these, they are great fun.

John Wick - chapters 1-3 - because they are called chapters. Watched the first one on a whim a while after it came to the movie channel and was pleasantly surprised - it was more than just a shoot 'em up action film. There was actual world building and stuff. Had seen the 2nd one and while not as good as the first, enjoyed it. Hadn't yet seen the third one. I have a martial artist friend who suggested that all three work together as a single movie and follow the general pattern, as a whole of the usual Japanese martial arts rhythm and flow of that style of movie. Anyway, so we figured lets watch all three together, and we did and it was great! It really worked as a single viewing. I'm looking forward to Chapter 4!

The Marvel Universe Movies - we are going to watch these in chronological order from start to finish. So far we've seen:

Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron

We have 11 more to watch.

A number of these I'd only seen once - the original Captain America was my least favorite of his - although I liked it better this time around. I still don't like any of the Iron Mans - or the character, really, which I guess says that at least he's consistent. But really, he's a self-centered ass at the beginning and we're up to Age of Ultron and he's still a self-centred ass!

I would love to see more about the Hulk. I wish we had Ruffalo in the part from the start, but I didn't mind Ed Norton's version. He just is a fascinating character to me. I'm pleased we'll be getting a Black Widow, but I also want one for Hawkeye - he's one of my favorites.

I enjoyed Age of Ultron far more than I did the first time I'd seen it (this was only my second viewing). The second Thor is my least favorite of the Thor's, but I'd still rather watch it than any of the Iron Mans.

I'm looking forward to watching the rest.


Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment