smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sneak Peek Sunday

Good morning! This is out on Tuesday, although you can pre-order it now. It'll be going on KU for a limited run starting on Wednesday, so if you want it from Kobo - grab it now! Excerpt from the book is below.

Winter Boys: Tommy

Meet the Winter boys – Todd, Tommy and Troy. Can these triplets each find their happily ever after?

Tommy is a cop in Ottawa. He likes his job a lot because he enjoys helping people. It doesn’t leave him a lot of time to meet guys, though, as he often takes extra shifts to help out the officers on the job who have families. All that changes, though, when an old academy friend gives him a call and asks him to check in on the ex-husband of a famous actress.

Ian Fitzhugh loves his life. He married his best friend and they had three children together before she hit it big as an actress. They’re both now out and happy, and Ian has custody of the kids in Ottawa while Elaine lives the Hollywood life. Unfortunately, that life includes stalkers, and when Elaine’s discovers her ex and their kids in Ottawa, Ian isn’t ready for the ramifications of losing their quiet life.

Tommy and Ian feel an attraction immediately, but Elaine’s stalker isn’t going to give them time to gradually get to know each other. Instead, they’re thrown into a trial by fire. Can they find their way through the danger to each other?

Pre-order now at:
Amazon
Kobo


Excerpt:

Tommy headed out to his car to give Steve a call.
“Tom? Tom Winter?”
The urge to go duh was huge. He managed not to, though. He’d been an officer long enough to have learned how to hold his tongue on his initial reactions to a multitude of things. He’d developed an amazing poker face.
“Yeah. Been a few years. How’s it going?” Go him. He’d even managed a spot of small talk.
“Busy. You know of Elaine Lester?”
“The actress?”
“That’s the one.”
“Of course I know. She’s a local girl made good. Still comes back home on occasion, too, if I’m not mistaken. She lives in the States now, though, doesn’t she?”
“LA. That’s where I am. I’m with her. I’m head of her security team, and I’m calling to ask a favor.”
Oh, interesting.
“Sure. If I can help.” He wasn’t sure what a cop from Ottawa could do for a famous actress in LA, but he was ready to listen.
“Her children live with their father. He has full custody—there in Ottawa. She has been having trouble with a stalker, and there’s evidence he’s found the kids. No one is listening to me, though….”
Tommy winced. Stalkers were hard. Dangerous, but usually the authorities couldn’t do anything until most of the damage was done. “You want me to swing by and talk to the dad? See if they’ve had any problems?”
“Please. The kids are young—a set of four-year-old twins and an eighteen-month-old. The father’s name is Ian Fitzhugh. Good guy, but not a bit security conscious.”
“I imagine he doesn’t usually have to be.” He certainly hadn’t known Elaine Lester had a family. He was probably like a good portion of the general public—well aware of her orientation and her advocacy for the LGBT community, but not much else aside from that she was originally from Ottawa.
“No. They married out of high school, and they’re exceptional friends, but her career keeps her running and they decided to divorce when she was pregnant with the littlest. He’s a great dad, but I wish he was a little less…scattered.”
“Scattered.” It was an interesting choice of words and could mean a lot. “Don’t worry. I’ll take their address and stop in, make sure things are okay.”
“Thank you. Seriously, man. I owe you.”
“And one day I’ll collect. You want me to report back?”
“Please. Let me know, so I can let Elaine know.”
“All right. I’ll go now unless I get a call. Take care, Steve.”
“I’ll text you the deets.”
“Perfect. Talk to you later.” He disconnected the call, and when the address came in, he ran it. It came up clean, as expected, and he plugged it into his GPS and headed off.
The house was in Island Park, the part with the big old houses. Nice.
There was a huge black SUV sitting outside the gates, just sitting there, and he frowned as, when he pulled up, it drove up. That was suspicious.
He got out of the car and pushed the button on the intercom, then scanned the street as he waited for an answer.
“Hello? Daddy’s in the potty!”
Oh, lord. Tommy bit back his laughter. “Hi there. Can you let me in?” Hopefully she said no, but they’d see.
“Do we know you?”
“Who is it, Amy?”
“A visitor.”
“Daddy’s in the potty.”
“I’m Officer Tommy. I want to speak to your daddy. Will you let me in?”
“Officer…. Annie, you have to.”
“But…”
“He’s a police man and he will put you in jail, sister!”
“I don’t want to!” He heard tears and then he was buzzed in.
Damn it, he hadn’t meant to cause drama and upset. He got back into the car and drove through the now open gates, feeling like an ass.
He pulled up in front of the house, got out of the car, and took the front stairs two at a time.
Two beautiful little dark-haired girls stood at the front door—one in tears, one with fists at the ready, which was completely at odds with the glitter and fairy wings they both wore.
He hated that he’d upset them, but it was a good test of their security—which was thin at best if a four-year-old could just let anyone in. “Hey there. I’m Officer Winter. Nobody is in trouble, but is your father home?”
“Uh-huh. Brother is getting him.” Miss Fists stared at him. This must be Amy.
“Good deal. I’m sorry if I upset you. I didn’t mean to do that.”
“I’m Amy Fitzhugh. This is Annie. We’re nice.”
“Girls! Girls, what did I tell you? Never never open the gate without me!” A stunning man with hair the color of a crow’s wing and bright, light blue eyes came rushing up, a little blond boy in his arms. “Can I help you?”
“Hi there. I’m Tommy Winter. Steve Anderson called me and asked me to drop by and check out your situation. You know who Steve Johnson is?” He sure hoped so.
“Yes, he’s my wife’s head of security. He texted and said you’d be by. He sent a picture. You look different.”
“Well, I’m guessing the picture is from our academy days and that was some time ago.” He pulled out his wallet and handed over his ID. So far this guy was about as security conscious as he expected anyone to be. He had told the kids not to open the gate without him and he was being cautious now.
“Come on in. Annie, love, stop crying. Amy, fists down. We don’t threaten our guests.”
“I didn’t mean to upset them. I’ve just come to make sure you guys are all doing okay. Can I come in? I’ve got a few questions…”
“Of course. Please, come in. Would you like a drink? We have tea, coffee, milk, orange juice…”
“No, I’m fine, sir, thank you.” He followed Mr. Fitzhugh into the house. It was nice. Old but big, the foyer opening onto a large hall with a living room to the right, a kitchen straight ahead and a lovely wooden staircase with an ornate banister. Someone had put some loving care into the place. Also, Mr. Fitzhugh had a great ass, but he wasn’t supposed to be noticing things like that.


Sean
smut fixes everything


4 comments: