smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, March 6, 2017

Movie Monday

I didn't get to a movie or watch one at home over the last week, although I did pick up Dr. Strange on Blu-Ray on the weekend. I'm looking forward to re-watching that one. I very much enjoyed it in the theatre.

In lieu of having a movie to talk about, I thought I'd talk about a few movie-related television shows I've been watching: Lethal Weapon, Training Day and Emerald City.

I was extremely skeptical about Lethal Weapon. I loved the movies, all of which I saw when they first came out at the theatre. I love this show. I love how they're doing it. I love what the actors have done with both of their characters. I love that it's both serious and funny. I love that the center of the stories are always the relationship between Riggs and Murtaugh, just like it was in the movies. This one is very successful to me.

I think they've done a good job with Training Day as well. I think the switch of ethnicities for the young cop and bad cop works really well and Bill Paxton has done an amazing job making his character Frank interesting and likeable, despite the fact that he is not a good cop. It would have been very easy to make the characters one-dimentional and they've avoided that. I have no idea what they are going to do now that Bill Paxton has died. His character is an integral part of the show. Though it would be interesting if they killed Frank off to see how that would affect Kyle. He's already having trouble seeing Frank as just the bad guy that the commissioner wants him to see...

That brings us to Emerald City, based on the Wizard of Oz. I have loved seeing how they've incorporated the different aspects from the movie. Everything from the reinterpreting of Toto, to the munchkins, the scarecrow, tin man and lion. The Wizard, the witches. Dorothy. Hell, the flying monkeys. I watched the season finale last night and am keeping everything crossed that it gets renewed, not just because there was a cliffhanger on all fronts, but because I enjoy the show a lot and want it to go on.

Sean
smut fixes everything

1 comment:

  1. EMERALD CITY!!!!! OMG I was a little iffy at first but I kept watching because I wanted to KNOW what happened and I actually CARED abt Dorothy and the Tin Man and the Princess Osma? and The Scarecrow...and DAMN Vincent D'Onofrio is ALWAYS amazing. And I'm keeping everything crossed as well! UGH I love that show. *sigh*

    I have not watched the other two...so sad about Bill Paxton :((((

    ReplyDelete