smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut smut

Monday, January 14, 2019

Movie Monday

Monday again! I actually went to see Aquaman last weekend, not the one just passed, but it was a busy week last week and I didn't get a chance to movie monday it.

There will likely be spoilers so skip this if you don't want to see them.



I loved the movie. I'm a fan of Jason Momoa to begin with, so I went into this movie knowing I'd be happy just to watch him (and yes, I'll admit, drool a little). But I actually enjoyed the movie itself as well!

First of all, it was stunning visually (and not just because of the beautiful man playing Aquaman). The underwater scenes were especially amazing - especially with all the different plant life and sunken buildings and stuff that they used. Gorgeous.

I enjoyed the story, I thought it was decently paced (many origin stories are just soooo sllloooowww, but this one was not - I think they're getting better at origin stories for comic book based movies.) I could have lived with a different actor in Willem Defoe's role - I like him well enough in most movies, just not in this one. He looked like a skeleton covered in skin, actually and it was distracting in any of the scenes he was in.

Also kind of distracting was the airbrushing of Nicole Kidman's face. I know they were going for this etherial look for her, but there is nothing wrong with a woman with wrinkles! It's beautiful in my opinion, much more so than airbrushed perfection or plastic surgery (even really good plastic surgery looks fake).

I liked that Arthur didn't want to be King. That he knew he wasn't worthy, but he had to try because he didn't want the two worlds he was from to be at war. Which of course made him perfect for the position. And yeah, it's cheesy and obvious, but it's perfect as an origin story and it fit well with his character which from the start wasn't interested in accolades. 

So this is my favorite DC movie (which for me is damning with faint praise because I think most of them are not that great.) I liked Wonder Woman a lot and think it's head and shoulders above any of the other DC movies. Aquaman was even better and is one of my favorite comic book movies now. 

So if you like comic book movies and/or if you like Jason Momoa - this is a movie for you.


Sean
smut fixes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment